Links & Resources
Blood Diseases and Resources Information
National Institute of Health
Blood Diseases - general
SIckle Cell anemia
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
Types of Children’s Cancer and Resources Information
CureSearch for Children's Cancer
The American Cancer Society
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Patient and Family Support Resource Information
American Cancer Society
The American Cancer Society is dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem.
Cancer Alliance of Help & Hope
If you are a cancer patient and find yourself in need of financial assistance.
Celebrities Fore Kids
Reaching out to those children and their families residing on the Treasure Coast who have been diagnosed with and are being actively treated for cancer.
Connor Moran Children’s Cancer Foundation
Pioneered Pediatric Cancer support services in Palm Beach County and surrounding communities. They collaboratively work with medical facilities and other psychosocial support agencies. http://www.connormoran.org
Kids Cancer Foundation of South Florida
Their mission is to work collaboratively with other community organizations to coordinate and provide support to children and adolescents with cancer and/or blood disorders and their families in Palm Beach and surrounding counties.
Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
The Society offers financial reimbursement for some medications, transportation and procedures for those in need. Patients must qualify both medically and financially for this program.
An organization that provides toys, computers, special events, tickets, and celebrity meets for children in local hospitals, hospices and shelters.
Parent-Child Center’s Pediatric Oncology Support Team (P.O.S.T.)
A unique program designed to provide comprehensive psychosocial support to children diagnosed with cancer and their families.
Sickle Cell Foundation of Palm Beach County & Treasure Coast
A non-profit organization that provides education and services to persons with Sickle Cell Disease/Trait and their families in Indian River, Martin, Okeechobee, Palm Beach and St. Lucie Counties.
General Medical Information and Resource Information
The following links are listed to provide you with additional online health care information and medical resources.
Avoiding Seasonal Sickness:
- Amazon Literature
- Center for Disease Control
- Do It Yourself
- Native Remedies
- Suite 101
- Vacation Travel
- American Cancer Society – Information & Resources
- Cancer News and Articles
- National Cancer Institute
- WebMD Overview on Cancer
- American Diabetes Association - Symptoms
- Medical News Today
- Medicine Net – Overview
- National Diabetes Information Clearinghouse
- WebMD Overview on Diabetes
- Center for Disease Control
- EMedicine Health
- Mayo Clinic
- New York Times – Coronary Heart Disease
- WebMD Overview on Heart Disease
- WebMD Symptoms & Types
- Journal of the American Medical Association
- Journal of the National Medical Association
- The New England Journal of Medicine
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Medical Specialties
- American College of Physicians
- American Heart Association
- American Medical Association
- World Health Organization
Newborn and Infant Health: